a


Sunday, August 03, 2008

Fourth of July Cuisine

It's a pretty universal truth that the fourth of July has some of the greatest childhood memories for American raised kids. Fireworks, hot summers, watermelon wedges, ice cream, barbecues... there's absolutely no downside when you're seven and have weeks until school starts again and endless possibilities because of your hot wheels (in my case, a pimp bike).

In my case, I was able to revisit my childhood glory this fourth of July in Boston with fireworks on the Charles, hanging out on the Esplanade and eating utterly inappropriate foodstuffs. Point in case:


Ohhhh yeah. I'm not even kidding when I say it was disgusting. The popsicle was a mix of cotton candy and fruit punch flavorings, which really popped when you considered that the eyes were little blueberry flavored gumballs.

Ah, to be a kid again and be able to think this was a culinary treat.

0 comments: